2) Analyse the Problem
8) Evaluate (Goes back to 1)
Waterfall and Spiral
Waterfall is the traditional one which only goes through the system life cycle once
The Spiral is when the system life cycle carries on.
Interview This is time consuming bit allows us to probe for answers and get first hand information
This is useful when there are lots of users although there is a limit to how much you will find out.
Observe the Current System
Although time consuming this is objective rather than subjective and might spot things that the user doesn't.
Feasibility Study is a report to identify the possible solutions to the problem and how possible they are.
Economic or technical feasibility of the new system.
Importance of Analysis
- Problem must be accurately defined to solve it effectively
- User may not understand potential of computer system
- Developer not likely to understand the industry which the user working in
- Developer must produce a solution that the user requires to meet their needs
- clear communication between the user and developer is important